Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Welcome Back, MOAG Fans & Haters

Yes, it's true. Mind of a Gamecock is back! For some of you, this news is a batman kick to the throat, while for others, it's second only to the joyous news we received last year on October 14. That was the day our long, national nightmare ended, and the dawn of a new era began in Clemson. I'm not going to re-hash those events, because we're all in a better place now, but I do feel that I owe to you, my loyal readers, an explanation of exactly what happened to Mind of a Gamecock. On the surface, it might have seemed like I disappeared at exactly the same time that Clemson was imploding on the football field, but I can assure you that Clemson's downward spiral last year had nothing to do with the MOAG hiatus. What had happened was, this site was becoming too big for me to handle. I was not expecting the kind of instant, overwhelming success Mind of a Gamecock received. I literally could not go anywhere without people asking (actually hounding) me about it. It got to be too much. The same thing happened to Dave Chappelle. When he bailed on his show I called him a quitter, but now I know how he felt. Some people also said some really mean things about me and my family, and it made me very upset.

But that's all in the past now. As I previously, Mind of a Gamecock is back! I realize in writing this that some of you are going to find the timing of my return as suspicious as the timing of my departure, but let me assuage you of those concerns. It is merely a coincidence. It has nothing to do with the fact that Clemson is looking good for their first trip to the ACC Championship Game. It has nothing to do with the fact that the Gamecocks are getting a head start on their yearly November swoon. It was simply a logistical decision. The timing is right for my family and me. Speaking of my family, we welcomed a little girl into the world last March. Speaking of little girls, did anyone catch Chris Culliver's performance on Saturday night against Tennessee? Yes.

So, folks, I welcome every last one of you back to Mind of a Gamecock. The premise of the blog remains the same (got some really good post-Tennessee MOAG coming over the next few days). I'm going to open the forum up to questions. I'm sure y'all have a lot of them. So fire away. Oh yeah, things got a little distasteful last time around in the comments section, so try to conduct yourselves with the maturity that everyone expects from southern college football fans.

7 comments:

Lenny said...

Good to see you back.

Rolo said...

YES!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Worst BLAHG ever.

soonerpanic said...

do you think spurrier looked across the field at kiffin last saturday and saw his past?

follow up question: if you answer yes, do you think the symbolism of it kept him up past 4am drinking scotch and adding logs to an unnecessary fire (given the weather) that he stared into with a sense of longing, confusion and pain as his wife lay in bed, unable to sleep, silent tears streaming down her face?

Dabo said...

This blog has the support of the Clemson family. Keep up the good work.

somejackasswithinternetaccess said...

Just rehashing a great MOAG moment last week:
I shall paraphrase:
It concerned a certain Gamecock fan who wanted to see the student section pose like the Captain Morgan guy and shout "Aye Captain" every time Captain Mudderland(?) made a good play. Classic.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.