Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank You, Loyal Blog Readers

I want to take a moment to thank all of you, my loyal readers, for making this blog the single most succesful blog ever created. Please continue to read and leave comments. Please also spread the word to all your friends and enemies. Take a moment out of your day and wish my poor dog well, too, if you will. She has injured her foot, and we're all hoping for a speedy recovery.

Folks, the South Carolina gamecocks are not only one of the worst football programs to ever play the game, the entire athletic department is widely regarded as a travesty. A perversion. A mockery. A sham. This fact is bared out each and every year, season after season, game after game. Yet despite failure stacked upon failure, hope always springs eternal in the mind of a gamecock. There is always next year. This year was just a fluke. We were robbed. We choked. But we should have been better. And we will be. Next year. As everyone's best friend, Lee Corso, would say, not so fast my friend. After 100+ years of submediocrity, shouldn't "next year" have arrived by now? The answer is yes. But it hasn't. And I've got sad, hard news for you MOAGs. It isn't. Your hall of fame coach can't change that fact. Your previous hall of fame coach couldn't either. Go ahead and hire another hall of fame coach. He, nor anyone who follows him, can change this one simple fact: South Carolina sucks. In honor of this fact, here is some of the week's best gamecock dumb.

On things that matter:

- ATTENTION EVERYONE: PLEASE WEAR GARNET TO THE GAME! LETS HAVE THE WHOLE STADIUM IN GARNET FOR NC STATE.GO COCKS!

- Cheerleaders - Someone please tell me they'll stop wearing
those hideous oversized hair bows! They aren't 6 years old anymore!


- The Band Needs to Play "I Love Beech(er) Music" After Each TD Pass

On Tim Tebow & Matt Stafford:

- all this man love for tebow makes me sick. ron loves tim, little kids love tim, sports commentatots love tim, women love tim, impoverished natives drinking unclean water love tim, the state of florida loves timi hope when we play florida that b52 knocks his head off, enough of this odd man love with tim tebow, he is not our friend or ally, he dismantled us once, lets dismantle him, quit day dreaming about his pecs or rugged good lookssometimes i think the entire nation is going gay can we just lay off the luv for this opponent?

- I think Matthew Stafford will go from top draft pick, to the guy who threw away their season this year.

On their own offense:

- I don't think an average of 31 points this year is unrealistic.

- I believe if SOS is got alot of confidence in Tommy Beecher than the fans should get behind Tommy Beecher to.

On Mark Richt:

- Richt not suspending Anderson & Sturdivant - don`t you love a hypocrite?
Richt portrays this saintly image then allows his players to disgrace college football in Jacksonville last year, will handle these 2 guys "in house." You can`t have it both ways. Fine - just don`t pretend to be something you`re not. He and Bowden must be related.


On the ACC Championship Game:

- ...pathetic a she she should hire clempsin to fill up the joint....they are experts in Bi-lo give-a-ways & two for ones with an x-tra large bag of frito po-tater-chips!!!

On believing anything:

- i heard on the radio that phil fulmer was served with a subpoena when he arrived in birmingham for SEC media days today. remember the bama probation case where fulmer was wanted by the authorities in alabama for questioning. fulmer had avoided going to the state of alabama until today(7-24-08).

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog today MOAG. I am a Clemson fan but am the kind of guy that is reluctant to talk trash to gamecocks. Do you have any tips for this? Why do gamecock fans talk shit about Clemson losing the big games and having a weak schedule when Clemson wins almost every single year? I'll look forward to your response.

Anonymous said...

I saw that Tim Tebow performed circumcisions this summer. Which current Tigers do you think would be the best at performing circumcisons.

Unknown said...

sleepless in seattle, nobody really knows the answer to your question. it's been asked for decades. all I know, is that the rationale that leads them to talk trash to us, is the same rationale that leads them to make all the comments that have made an appearance on this blog. In some ways, I don't want to know the answer.

Unknown said...

"fan"ic - I think every player on the team would be good at that, but the answer is obviously Tyler Grisham.

Anonymous said...

MOAG,
Whats up with all the sponsorship ads on your blog. I feel this whole site is tarnished now. On another note, I saw that Cullen Harper is writing a blog for the sporting news. coincidence?

Unknown said...

Hey cockcock, if you think about it, the site hasn't been tarnished.

Anonymous said...

CockCockmcCocky isn't who you think it is, I think. Or something like that.
Besides, I already tolja, laws on my side. I play cards with JD Shellnut, Chief of Police. So get me a cop of hot fat and the head of Alfredo Garcia. O'Doyle rules.

Anonymous said...

Once again im gonna need you to explain to me why you chose some of these quotes because other than you being an asswhole there is no reason for them to be on here:

" ATTENTION EVERYONE: PLEASE WEAR GARNET TO THE GAME! LETS HAVE THE WHOLE STADIUM IN GARNET FOR NC STATE.GO COCKS!"

" I think Matthew Stafford will go from top draft pick, to the guy who threw away their season this year."

"- I believe if SOS is got alot of confidence in Tommy Beecher than the fans should get behind Tommy Beecher to."

"i heard on the radio that phil fulmer was served with a subpoena when he arrived in birmingham for SEC media days today. remember the bama probation case where fulmer was wanted by the authorities in alabama for questioning. fulmer had avoided going to the state of alabama until today(7-24-08)."

Explain please.

Unknown said...

Refer to my last explanation, then double it.

Anonymous said...

"Refer to my last explanation, then double it."

In other words, you dont have an explanation you are just looking for something to fill up ur blog with because u cant get laid and stay at home all day in you orange overalls and surf the internet. Oh and watch replays of the national championship clemson payed for.

Anonymous said...

Actually, no I didn't. It shouldn't be hilarious to you because I'm bashing your joke of a school and that joke of a state your precious school is located in. It wouldn't make much sense to laugh with me when I'm making fun of you, now would it? I wouldn't think it's remotely funny either (which it is, btw).

And don't get technical with the analogies. The midgets represent your two pathetic schools, and you two fight all the time about the most useless crap. You're both jokes to the college nation.

Get over it.

Unknown said...

I think if I put this blog on a membership basis, this VT cat would subscribe. Just admit it dude, you want to have sex with this blog.

Anonymous said...

I saw that midget quote on a Georgia Tech page.
And seriously, some short people, are actually taller than other short people, sometimes by a pretty good margin. Not all short people are the same height, dude. So, it might actually be valid for to short people to argue about which one is taller.
Hugs, not Drugs.

Anonymous said...

Short people, as in the Randy Newman song.

Anonymous said...

Why would it be valid here? This a Clemson fan's blog making fun of USC and the USC fanbase. Judging by your name I'd say you're a USC fan. So going by the analogy, you two could easily fight over which one's taller, that's true. But then you have "regular-sized people" looking down and laughing at you, just like other colleges and fanbases around the country do to both USC and Clemson. You're just two teams that everyone else uses as "Please lower the bar, it's just too high." It is funny hearing that from a USC fan. You'd think you would come here to actually defend your school, seeing how he's bashing it. But instead you're arguing about..midgets and analogies. Brilliant. If you're a midget, or you know anyone who is a midget, please send them my regards.

I'm happy to announce that I am no longer having sexual relations with websites. I dropped that habit. It's addicting though, isn't it? Just like keeping up with a blog to make fun of a useless school in a useless state. You have very interesting ways of showing your disapproval of me being here. Sorry to break everyone's heart.

Anonymous said...

Yeah-
You're really bringing me around on this one-
I think you're probably right about the whole midget thing-It was a damn fine analogy.
I retract everything I said.
By the way, if you had to choose one of these songs to be your theme song-which would you choose:
"All I Wanna Do" Sheryl Crow
"Living After Midnight" Judas Priest
"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" Aerosmith.
"Life in the Fast Lane" The Eagles
"Hold On Loosely" 38. Special
Thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and as far as the name-I'm actually just a fan of "Fletch."

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. Fletch fans kick a lot more ass than Clemson and USC. Glad to see so many of their subtle fans making an apperance on a Clemson blog.

Glad you appreciate my analogy just as much as I do. I'm sure Clemson and USC fans love it a lot more. Us Fletch fans can appreciate the finer things in life (like subtle humor).


Oh..Dude, it HAS to be "Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest, followed very closely by "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles. Love the choices. Aerosmith is awesome, but I'm not a big fan of "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing."

What about...

"Limelight" by Rush
"Trampled Under Foot" by Led Zeppelin
"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'N' Roses
OR
"Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden.

No, no, good sir. Thank YOU for playing.

Anonymous said...

Think I'm picking up some sarcasm from John Cocktosten...
"All I Wanna Do?"
Come on, dude...

Anonymous said...

I think everyone is throwing out a heavy dose of sarcasm here. It's like a second-language to me.

Anonymous said...

" I think Matthew Stafford will go from top draft pick, to the guy who threw away their season this year."

Don't think Stafford will get the opportunity to "throw" this season away-however, he could possibly hand the season off...

Anonymous said...

What is with the love fest with Stafford. I hear more about him going early in the draft than I do about Tebow. Why? What has he done at Georgia that is so significant to people claiming he's an early draft pick? Don't give me that stupid "potential and such a high ceiling" bullshit. I'll believe it when I see it.