Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mind of a Gamecock

The following is a post from a diehard South Carolina fan that I thought you would enjoy:

Word of Warning........I was looking for 6 USC/Ga tickets on the board a
month ago and got an email from a guy named Joseph Shirey from North Augusta,
who said he had 2 tickets in lower level for $300. I paid through Paypal
promptly and he came back and said he found 4 more from a friend that were in
section 2 for $550. Again I paid promptly. I waited and waited and no tickets. 2
weeks before the game came and he told me he mailed them out. The week of the
game comes and no tickets. He tells me he will look into it. He said he did not
send them with any tracking info. He calls me back and said his neighbor took
them out of his mailbox and sold them at school for $25 ea. He did refund the
money. Hard story to believe but it gets better. He tells me he has gotten the 4
LSU and 4 Tenn tickets in Sect 2 if I wanted them. I paid over face for these as
well. I paid for them on 09/07/08. I spoke to him on a every other day basis and
he still had not mailed them out as of 09/22/08. He said he had not had time but
promised me he would. I would text him everyday asking for a tracking number and
got the same response, will have it tomorrow. Well finally he tells me he is
going to the Post Office on the 23rd and actually did send me a tracking number.
Well the tracking number never worked on USPS.com. A package did arrive today
though. I open it up and there sits a Blackberry Phone. I call him and he said
that was suppose to go to a guy in Texas who won it off Ebay. I asked for his
Ebay ID and got nothing but excuses. He would not give me his ID. So the jist of
the whole story is I sent this JOSEPH SHIREY a total of $1330 and still yet to
have seen any tickets. I also missed the Ga game because I could not find 6 more
in time. Keep this guys name in mind if you are ever looking for tickets. Do not
buy from Joseph Shirey from North Augusta.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 4 tickets for the clemson carolina game for $750 each if anyone is intersted.

Anonymous said...

I'll take them! Can I have your home address so I can go ahead and send you cash for them, and you can send the tickets whenever you feel like it. Thanks, buddy. I trust you.

There's a lot of people out there that will fuck you over, but that's where common sense needs to jump in. Obviously it didn't for that guy when he tried to do business with the same jackass again. Kinda goes hand-in-hand with the "Fool me once..." quote.

Anonymous said...

thanks dave!

Anonymous said...

Joseph Shirley is the devil!

Anonymous said...

Hollywood is on fire. 21-0 Oregon State at halftime. What the hell is going on out west?